The Most Anti-Inflammatory Products and Foods You Can Eat
May 15, 2019
Inflammation isn’t always a bad thing. It can be, for example, a natural defense mechanism of the body to shield against injury and infection. However, chronic inflammation can be a bad thing, and can lead to some health problems and weight gain.
This is one of the main reasons why people often seek out anti-inflammatory products and foods—to take greater control over their health and avoid some of these adverse health effects. With this in mind, here are just a few examples of some of the most anti-inflammatory foods you can find at your local grocery store:
- Berries: Berries are outstanding for their anti-inflammatory properties. It doesn’t matter the berry—just about all berries deliver some outstanding anti-inflammatory agents, including antioxidants called anthocyanins. These are found in large numbers in blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. Blueberries, for example, encourage production of natural killer cells, which keep the immune system strong.
- Some fish: Certain types of fatty fish are not just great sources of protein, but also excellent for their anti-inflammatory properties. Examples of these fish include salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel and anchovies.
- Broccoli: There are many dark green vegetables that are great for their anti-inflammatory agents, and broccoli is one of them. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, kale and Brussels sprouts are associated with a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease, thanks in part to the anti-inflammatory effects of their antioxidants.
- Green tea: Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages you can include in your everyday life. Regular consumption of green tea is associated with reduced risk of obesity, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and various other conditions, thanks in large part to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Mushrooms: There are many different types of mushrooms, the most common of which you’ll find in grocery stores, including Portobello, shiitake and truffles. Mushrooms are packed with antioxidants and phenols that offer some outstanding anti-inflammatory protection, and have the added benefit of being very low in calories.
- Peppers: Bell and chili peppers come with high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants that contain some anti-inflammatory agents. For example, the antioxidant quercetin is present in large numbers in bell peppers, and it can reduce oxidative damage in people who have sarcoidosis, which is a type of inflammatory disease.
- Grapes: Grapes contain relatively large quantities of anthocyanins, which are great for reducing inflammation. They also reduce the risk of several common diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, eye disorders, Alzheimer’s disease and obesity. People who consume grape extract on a regular basis are also more likely to report decreases in some common inflammatory gene markers.
- Extra virgin olive oil: There are numerous benefits associated with the consumption of extra virgin olive oil, including its numerous anti-inflammatory properties. For example, oleocanthal, one of the primary antioxidants you’ll find in olive oil, is often compared to anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen in its effectiveness.
For more information about the most anti-inflammatory products you’ll find on the market, contact the team at Epilobium Inc. today.
Categorised in: Prostate Health